Photos courtesy of (from left to right): Feelart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Rosen Georgiev/FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Rosen Georgiev/FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Salvatore Vuono/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Ah weddings! Who doesn’t love weddings? It’s the ultimate celebration of LOVE! We get to take a break from our everyday lives to witness two people so madly in love with each other, officially become one. They get to say their marriage vows in front of hundreds of people and then get to spend the rest of their lives together! It is definitely one of the most romantic occasions we can ever be a part of and this is why I love weddings so much! This Friday, one of my good friends is getting married and I cannot be more excited! So before this most popular month for weddings ends, let’s talk about the perfect look for a summer wedding!
June is the perfect time of the year for a lovely wedding. The weather is gorgeous, which is why a lot of couples prefer an outdoor setting. It’s just such a happy time of the year! Bright, cheerful, pastel colors would be best for this. Here’s a breakdown of the Dos and Don’ts of wedding fashion:
Photos courtesy of (from left to right): Martina M., Sirma Markova, Flavia Desgranges van der Linden, Sofie Valkiers
WEDDING FASHION DO’S:
- Do pay attention to the dress code.
- Do dress for the weather and the venue.
- Do wear pastels and floral dresses, they are perfect for the daytime. Darker colored dresses are good for the evening.
- Do wear wedges if it's an outdoor wedding, you wouldn’t want to get your heels stuck!
WEDDING FASHION DON’TS:
- Don’t wear white, light ivory or red dresses. There are plenty other colors in the world to choose from. Do not compete with the bride!
- Don’t wear jeans, shorts and flip flops.
- Don’t wear clubbing attire and skimpy dresses. Very inappropriate.
- Don’t wear anything over the top or loud. Just don’t upstage the bride.
- Don’t wear new shoes. You’re going to regret it.
Stylist Kristjan Hayden shows us three very easy to do wedding guest hairstyles in this super short video! He demonstrates how to do loose waves, the braided bun and the ballerina bun. We want to achieve soft, romantic yet modern looks so these styles are great!
Brianna Ford shares with us the simplest way of putting on wedding makeup. She teaches us the basics using affordable products. Very dark makeup is not advisable. Natural looking makeup will go best with the softer and more romantic hairstyles for summer weddings.
Photo courtesy of Natara / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
“FOR IT WAS NOT INTO MY EAR YOU WHISPERED, BUT INTO MY HEART. IT WAS NOT MY LIPS YOU KISSED, BUT MY SOUL.” – Judy Garland