STYLING TOOL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE USING.
This product should arrive in good working condition, if you experience any problems or if you are dissatisfied with the product DO NOT attempt to repair it yourself. Please contact customer services immediately for assistance or advice. Any attempt to repair the product yourself will invalidate the 12-month guarantee. This product comes with an appropriate plug fitted to meet UK electrical standards as determined by the appropriate UK legislation.
GENERAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Always read the instructions prior to first use.
- These safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of electric shock, personal injury or fire. It is important to read all of these instructions carefully before using the product, and to save them for future reference or new users.
- This product must only be used as intended in accordance with the enclosed operating instructions.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children. Always make sure that children cannot reach the appliance or any loose cables - electrical product must always be stored in a secure place, out of reach of children.
- Children should be closely supervised at all times when they are near any electrical product.
- This product is not a toy and has not been designed for use by children.
- Caution Danger of Burns: The unit, particularly the ceramic plates become very hot during operation. The ceramic plates also remain hot for some time after the unit is switched off.
- Burning can occur from touching heated unit parts. Use carefully and supervise others accordingly.
- Only touch the handles when in use.
- Do not put the product down on any carpet or other non-heat proof surface while in use, or while still hot after use.
- Where relevant keep all ventilation slots, filters, etc. Uncovered and clear of debris. Never drop or insert objects into the openings.
- To avoid potential damage to property, never leave the product alone while turned on. Switch off the power supply or unplug from the mains socket when not in use and before cleaning, or servicing.
- Using the improper voltage may result in damage to the heating elements and possible injury to the user.
- Do not operate where aerosol or spray products, e.g. toiletries, are in use.
- Do not use any attachments with this product. Use of any other attachments may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Do not use with a damaged cord or plug. Do not use if it has been dropped, left outdoors, or dropped in water, or if it is not working according to these instructions. A qualified electrician must always carry out any repairs that are necessary.
- If the appliance stops unexpectedly or appears to malfunction, switch off the power supply, unplug from the mains and stop using immediately. Seek professional advice to rectify the fault or make repairs.
- WARNING: To protect against electric shock, never allow the appliance, the mains cable or plug to come into contact with water or any other liquid.
- Do not use whilst bathing or showering. Do not place near sinks or baths, or anywhere the unit may fall in to liquid.
- Do not use outdoors. This product has been designed for domestic indoor use only. Use and store indoors.
- Never reach for any product that has fallen into water. Switch off the power supply at the mains immediately and unplug.
- Do not re-use until the product has been inspected and approved by a qualified electrician.
- Always ensure that hands are dry before operating or adjusting any switch on the product or touching the plug and mains supply connections. Do not handle with wet hands.
- Do not pull or carry by the cord, use the cord as a handle, close a door on the cord, or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Caution should be used to ensure the cord is arranged so that it will not be pulled on, tripped over, trapped or damaged.
- Regularly check the cord and plug for any signs of damage.
- For safety reasons, a broken or damaged mains cord may only be replaced by an equivalent lead from the manufacturer or similarly qualified person.
- Keep the product and cord away from sources of heat, sharp objects or anything that may cause damage. Never leave the cord in contact with the hot plates.
- Let the product cool completely before putting it away.
- If the supply cord or any part of the product is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent, or similarly qualified person, in order to avoid hazard.
- To unplug: grasp the plug not the cord. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Switch off at the mains socket before unplugging.
- Incorrect reassembly or repair to the appliance can cause risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons when the product is used.
- Save these instructions.
EXTRA SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- The unit becomes VERY HOT when in use. Take care to avoid contact between the hot surfaces of the plates and the skin, particularly around the face and neck.
- Do not touch the plates when the product is switched on or just after it has been turned off.
ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES TO COOL DOWN BEFORE STORING AWAY.
- The product should NEVER be stored whilst hot or while still connected to the mains. Always ensure the product is switched off at the mains, unplugged from the mains and it has cooled down completely before storing.
- Never wrap the mains cord around the plates. Do not hang up by the power cord.
- If the plates are damaged or broken then do not use the product.
PLEASE ENSURE THE PRODUCT IS UNPLUGGED AFTER USE.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- The product must be switched off and unplugged from the electricity supply before cleaning.
- Do not touch the ceramic plates for at least 30 minutes after turning off. Wipe with a damp cloth to clean the ceramic plates.
- Let the product cool down before touching or cleaning the body.
- Clean the body with a damp cloth.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasives, solvents or cleaners. Never immerse in water to clean.
- Do not repair or replace the mains cable on the product yourself– always use an authorized representative or qualified electrician.
DISPOSAL & ENVIRONMENTAL
If your electrical appliance requires replacement or is of no further use, please think of protecting the environment. Contact your local authority for advice as many have facilities for environmentally safe disposal.
CONNECTION TO POWER
- The unit is fitted with a standard US 2-pronged plug
- If the mains lead gets damaged it must be replaced by a qualified electrician. If you have to change the plug because the standard plug is damaged or is not suitable for your mains socket, then follow carefully the following wiring instructions.
- If the plug is cut off, remove the fuse from the severed plug and dispose of it safely, as insertion into a mains supply socket would be dangerous.