How to Straighten & Curl Your Hair with A Flat Iron
HOW TO STRAIGHTEN
Plug in iron and adjust to the right temperature. The thicker your hair, the higher the numbered setting should be.
2. Separate your hair into several sections. The number of sections will depend on the thickness of your hair.
3. Place the straightener as close to the roots of the section as possible without burning yourself.
4. Clamp the iron down so that the heated sides touch and your hair rests between them.
5. Run the flat iron down the length of your section of hair.
6. Run the straightener over the section several times until it is completely straight.
7. Move the straightened piece out of the way and unclip a new section of hair.
HOW TO CURL W/FLAT IRON
Plug in your iron and adjust to the right temperature. The thicker your hair, the higher the numbered setting should be.
2. Split your hair into sections. Even if you have thin hair, you'll get better results if you work with small sections of hair.
3. Start curling. Grab the piece of hair you wish to curl and give it a quick brush through to remove any remaining tangles. Clamp the flat iron around the hair and give it a half turn so that your hair is in a U-shape. Hold the flat iron in this position as you move it down the hair shaft, right to the ends.
4. Loosen your curls (optional). If you want your hair to look softer and looser, run your fingers through the curls a few times. The curls will pull down and loosen up as you do so.